“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided”
GOTA is the organization in Georgia to assist members in promoting and advocating for Occupational Therapy across the entire state.
There are immediate benefits for Active, Student and Associate GOTA members which include access to the members’ only section of GOTA website that includes issues regarding various practice areas, access to the online listserv via email, unlimited access to the on-line membership directory, immediate ability to find OT practitioners in GA using the OT Locator, and access to the post positions on the Jobline at no cost.
Membership is valid beginning January 1 - December 31 of the calendar year.
Dues & Benefits Information
Active - OTR -$75 / COTA -$50
Georgia Licensed OT/OTA
Active Membership Benefits
- All of the joint benefits stated below.
- Active members receive a free listing in the OT Locator. Colleagues and visitors can search for areas of specialty and by name.
- Event Postings - One online event posting during the calendar year at no charge. ($50 value!)
- Jobline Posting - One 30-day online job posting during the calendar year at no charge. ($25 value!)
- Voting member of GOTA.
The student must be currently enrolled in an OT/OTA program.
Student Membership Benefits
- All of the joint benefits stated below.
- Non-voting member of GOTA, but allowed one vote during the election of Student Representatives.
Associate - $30
Retired OT or OTA or someone who is in the process of reinstating their occupational therapy license in the state.
Associate Membership Benefits
- All of the joint benefits stated below.
- Non-voting member of GOTA.
Membership Benefits for Active, Student, and Associate members
- Access to the Members’ only section of the GOTA website (http://www.gaota.com) that includes issues regarding various practice areas, access to the online listserv via email, unlimited access to the on-line membership directory, immediate ability to find OT practitioners in GA using the OT Locator, and access to the Jobline for posting or researching available positions.
- Access to invaluable professional resources, including: e-mail blasts, and e-Newsletters – These electronic forms of communication permit you quick access to information, practice discussions and networking opportunities with colleagues across the state. Receive regular e-news updates on issues impacting OT practice including legislative, reimbursement and Medicaid issues.
- Continuing Education Opportunities and discounts at 20% to 43% less than what other regional and national educational providers charge.
- Support from the GOTA lobbyist who works for the membership by monitoring and influencing legislation that can impact your practice.
- Support from GOTA for our profession with lawmakers and the public.
- Networking with other Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants across the state.
- Opportunities to seek and share experiences and knowledge with your peers.
- Opportunities to serve on a committee, build leadership skills or serve as a mentor or to be mentored.
Organizational - $250
This group supports and promotes occupational therapy. The member may be a company, vendor, hospital or non-profit organization who seeks to partner with the Association.
Membership Benefits for Organizational members
- Annual Conference Exhibitor discount of $100 off list price and priority placing in the vendor area. ($100 value!)
- CEU Approval Discount – one CEU approval during the calendar year at 25% off the standard fee of $200. ($50 value!)
- Virtual Exhibit Hall – 12-month posting on the GOTA Virtual Exhibitor Hall ($250 value!)
- Mailing Labels – one set of mailing labels during the calendar year at no charge. ($50 value!)
- Event Postings – one event posting during the calendar year at no charge. ($50 value!)
- Jobline Postings – one 90-day job posting during the calendar year at no charge. ($60 value!)
- This membership provides one, non-voting membership in GOTA. The individual representing the organization may or may not be an OT/OTA. To obtain voting rights, an Active membership in GOTA is required.
Why should you become a member?
GOTA is the organization in Georgia to assist members in promoting and advocating for Occupational Therapy across the entire state. There are benefits for all categories and types of members.
Are you looking for online benefits?
There are immediate benefits for Active, Student and Associate GOTA members which include access to the members’ only section of GOTA website that includes issues regarding various practice areas, access to the online listserv via email, unlimited access to the on-line membership directory, immediate ability to find OT practitioners in GA using the OT Locator, and access to the Jobline for posting or researching available positions.
Are you looking for continuing education opportunities?
GOTA provides educational courses that are 20% to 43% less than what other regional and national educational providers charge for quality continuing education opportunities across the state, as well as the annual fall GOTA conference. There are also opportunities to attend regional meetings for one hour of continuing education credit.
Are you looking for ways to keep up with what is going on in Georgia?
Your input and voice is needed. Become part of a large membership that has a strong voice that can influence and promote Occupational Therapy throughout the state of Georgia. GOTA provides the avenue to find the latest information for Occupational Therapy in Georgia. In addition to the GOTA website, you will receive e-mail blasts and e-newsletters packed with regular updates on issues impacting OT practice including legislative, reimbursement and Medicaid issues. As an Active, Student or Associate GOTA member, join the GOTA listserv for additional information, practice discussions and networking opportunities with colleagues across the state. GOTA also retains a Lobbyist who works for the membership by monitoring and influencing legislation that can impact your practice. You will be updated with the changes in policy and practice patterns as we actively monitor current legislation for our profession. Take advantage of volunteer, networking, and educational opportunities to seek and share experiences and knowledge with your peers and meet other OTs and OTAs across the state.
Are you looking for personal and/or professional development?
Are you feeling isolated in your employment? Join GOTA – become part of an OT community. If you are feeling stagnant, GOTA provides opportunities to grow as a professional. Network, meet other OT colleagues, and volunteer to serve on a committee. Build your leadership skills and/or serve as a mentor to an enthusiastic student or newly graduated practitioner. We are looking into establishing resource practice groups to foster a professional community, as well as facilitating clinical research opportunities for interested members.
GOTA is excited to offer something new to all of our members and OT/OTA students in Georgia! A tally of the 2011 GOTA Membership Survey results included that members wanted the following:
- Recognition for students and OTA’s
- Opportunities to network
- Volunteer opportunities
- Increased membership in GOTA
The innovative GOTA “Pay It Forward” Partnership agreement will meet all of the above member generated goals.
- When does my membership expire? We have now returned to an annual membership process. Membership is valid beginning January 1 - December 31 of each calendar year. Please see the Membership Info page for more details.
- What are some member benefits? GOTA members enjoy a variety of unique benefits including access to the online listserv, access to the member’s only directory, discounts on continuing education courses, and many more! Please click here to see the full list of member benefits and to join today.
- I am already a member of AOTA, why should I join GOTA too? You can help control the future of OT by supporting the OT associations at both the national and state levels. By being a member of both you are investing in the organizations that keep our profession strong!
- What happened to the old districts? When the new 2007 GOTA By-Laws were put into place, the old 9 districts were disseminated and replaced with 5 newly appointed regions and new regional reps. Please see the Regions page for more information.
- How do I know which region I am in? See our region map to determine which region you would like to be affiliated with when filling out your application for membership.
- There is a committee I am interested in joining, how do I get involved? Contact the chair or co-chair of the committee you are interested in joining to get more information. A full list of GOTA committees can be found here. Our committees are always looking for new volunteers!
- How will I know when my region is having a meeting? You can either look at the calendar of events here or you can personally contact your region chair for more information regarding upcoming region meetings. Visit your region’s web page often for updates and reminders from your local rep.
- Do I have to be a GOTA member to post a job opening? No, this is a valuable service that GOTA offers and members or any company that currently has an available OT position may post an ad in our job bank.
- How can I post a job opening for my company? Please visit our website here for instructions on posting a position in our job bank.
- How can I update my personal information with GOTA? If you have recently had a change in your name, address, or phone number please be sure to immediately notify GOTA, GOTB, AOTA, and NBCOT. To change this information with GOTA simply contact our Executive Office at 770-435-5910.
- How often is the newsletter published? GOTA has moved from publishing a quarterly paper newsletter to a quarterly e-newsletter sent out via email.
This new format will still be full of recent news from around the state and reports from various committees.
- I do not want to receive the newsletter via mail; can I view it online instead? In an effort to conduct more business electronically, all GOTA newsletters are sent via email now, which includes links back to the full articles on the GOTA website. You can still view past issues of our paper newsletter online here in the member’s only section.
- How can I submit information to be included in the next newsletter? You can contact the chair of the Communications Committee or the GOTA Executive Office about submitting articles for the e-newsletter or use the online submission contact form here. We always welcome submissions!
- I forgot/lost my login name and/or password, how can I get this information? Please contact our Executive Office at 770-435-5910.
- How can I find out about upcoming continuing education courses? Visit the GOTA website frequently for news and information about upcoming continuing education opportunities. Our continuing education committee is constantly working hard to offer members opportunities to earn continuing education credits. Check the calendar of events on the website and contact your region chair about local courses.
- Does GOTA give out any type of recognition awards? Yes! GOTA is proud to say that we do give out awards annually to recognize the outstanding services of our fellow colleagues and students. Don’t wait until the last minute – feel free to submit nominations anytime to our Nominations Committee when you feel someone deserves to be acknowledged!
- How can I get signed up to be a part of the online listserv? Please visit the listserv page here to find out how to join our online listserv. It’s easy and only takes a minute to join!
- I need to find a colleague’s address and phone number, where do I go? If you and the person you are looking for are members of GOTA then you can do a simple search to obtain his or her contact information here through our member directory in the member’s only section. Please remember this information is not for solicitation purposes.
- Does GOTA print a hard copy of the member directory anymore? At this time GOTA only offers the member directory in an electronic format. We no longer print a paper version of our member directory because our membership is constantly revolving. By offering it online we can be sure to have the most up-to-date information for you when you need it. Even though we no longer send out a paper version of the directory, you can now download a current version of the directory and print it at your home or office.
- Do I have to be a member to be included in the OT Locator search database? Yes, this is a free, valuable benefit only available to members. To sign up to be listed in the database, please fill out the online form in the member’s only section of the website.
- Do I have to be a GOTA member to use the online OT Locator? No! This is a free service we now offer to other professionals and the community as a helpful referral source.
- How can I find a therapist in my area that provides OT services? Go to the OT Locator (under the Professional Info section) to begin your search today! It’s easy and it’s free!
- How can I let others know about an event or con-ed course coming up soon? Anyone, including members, can now pay to post/advertise events or courses on our website's calendar of events. Click here to find out how.
- I am interested in volunteering with GOTA--how do I get started or who do I contact? Please click here to find out what organizational volunteer opportunities are available (including what specific duties/tasks needing to be fulfilled and an estimated time commitment required from those willing to help). You can also let us know that you're out there and willing to help when something comes up that fits your interest and time availability!